LUX is looking for a Communications Account Director to join our team in Edinburgh. This is a full time role that will suit a highly motivated and ambitious individual with 5+ years agency experience.
This role requires an individual who has a head for strategy and relishes the opportunity to roll their sleeves up and get stuck into the day-to-day running of a fast-paced PR department.
The successful candidate will boast an enviable black book of UK contacts, have previously worked on high profile multi-channel communications campaigns and have a demonstrable passion for PR and food & drink in equal measure.
This is a senior position with a competitive salary and benefits including 38 days paid holiday, flexi-time, company pension and private health insurance.
To apply, please send your CV to [email protected]
Communications Account Director Job Spec
- Devising & delivering strategic PR campaigns and projects through communication channels such as print media, online media, blogger outreach & brand activations channels.
- Owning all aspects of the PR workflow from the creation of robust & innovative strategies through to the creation & selling-in of press materials, FAQ documents, feature plans, event invitations & media lists.
- Maintaining & developing excellent relationships with UK-wide media across broadcast, print & online through regular face-to-face contact.
- Coordinating the delivery of PR activity including press event management, attending photocalls, preparing photography/ video briefs & directing shoots and attending press trips around the UK & occasionally overseas.
- Proactively working with the client or internally at LUX to story mine and devise angles and concepts that generate quality coverage.
- Responsible for costing and quoting project work to existing clients as well as contributing to new business development & pitch activity.
- Scoping new tools & software to improve business efficiencies for those at LUX working on PR & comms projects.
- Providing media training to clients.
- Robust PR reporting skills against agreed client KPIs.
- Contributing to team brainstorms & collaborative strategic planning sessions with the wider LUX team.
- Reactive press office management duties, media monitoring and press clipping.
- Client liaison including email, phone and in-person meetings.
- Preparing end-of-week status updates and meeting notes using the LUX status update template and contact reports.
- Crisis-management support, when need be, at weekends & evenings if required by client.